Many users like to customize their experience on their web platforms. Even if it is a change of color, you may find yourself more eager to work and make use of your apps, browser, mobile device and any gadget that allows for the tiniest bit of customization. Gmail is no exception, as it is possible to change its clean and simple layout with one of the many themes there are available for download.
Gmail Themes will let you change the way your account looks and feels, as you can choose your favorite color set and different background images to fit your personality. A theme is only a visual extension, as it will not change in any way or shape the things you do with Gmail. Installing a theme is also very easy, as it will not affect your other Google services in any way other than the theme itself.
Changing your theme on Gmail is very easy. All you need to do is sign in with your Gmail account here and wait for it to load. Then, on the main Gmail screen find the little gear button on the top right of the screen. Click it and scroll down until you see Themes.
Click the option and you will see a window pop up with different themes and images to choose from. You can also add your own photos by clicking the corresponding option.
How to Install Gmail Themes?
To install Gmail themes on Google Apps is to log into the Admin console provided by Google.
- You can sign in right here. After you input your account info, you have to access the Apps menu and click Google Apps.
- Different Google applications will be displayed, so you must choose Gmail as it is the one which you want to configure. Then click User settings.
- Find the Themes section and make sure that you are able to use your own themes, this is set as an option which you can enable or disable; most of the times it is disabled by default.
- After making sure that the option is disabled, click Save changes.
- The next step is to download the theme itself. You can browse the different Gmail themes there are available for free installing on the system menu.
If you want to further customize your Gmail experience, you can use Google’s Chrome browser and download themes for Chrome, which is easy and fun. If you wish to download themes for your Chrome browser, you can do so right here. You can browse themes by rating, category or you can also perform a search to see if there is a particular theme you’d like to install; there are many to choose from.
Some of the most downloaded are the following
There are thousands of themes with different quality, so it is possible that the first you install is not of your liking. If you wish to uninstall a particular theme you can do so through the Extensions menu.