This is a well-explained guide to creating a Gmail account and signing up for your Google account. We will also cover the most important tools to know about Gmail and how to use them in this article.
Gmail is free online mailing service, necessary to use most of their services like Google Play, or YouTube. Gmail is the most popular e-mail service, for its accessibility and effectiveness.
CA Also Read: Create new Hotmail Account (tutorial)
Steps to Sign Up for a Gmail Account
- Go to Google accounts’ domain
- Enter your information
- Verify your account with your phone number
- Complete Personal Info
We will need a computer with a stable internet connection and a phone preferably your device.
Go to Google accounts’ domain
Enter Google’s official website for Gmail, and click here to be redirected to Gmail.com. You will see the login service to the Google accounts, but if you don’t have one, so click on “Create account”:
Choose the kind of account you want, a personal account, for underage people, or your company. There is not a great difference between any of these account types, the personal one is the most recommended.
Enter your information
After you click on create an account, you will see a page like this asking for basic personal data to create your account.
Enter your real name and last name and create your username or email address. The email address is important to sign in to your account and give it to others so they can send you an email.
Note: Capital letters don’t matter in your email address; all that matters is that they are the same characters. However, Capital letters do matter in the password, so you have to remember them.
Finally, the password, which we recommend you write somewhere safe and remember very well.
CA It may interest you: Login Gmail PC, Android & iOS (tutorial)
Verify your account with your phone number
Entering your phone number is important as a security measure, allowing you to recover your password if you ever forget it. It also helps to know that it is you who are taking important actions with your account.
Fill in the blank with your phone number and click next, you need the phone for the next step. After you click “next” you will receive a code, which you have to enter in the blank to verify your identity:
Enter the code and click on “Verify” to proceed, remember you can’t have too many accounts linked to the same number.
Complete personal info
Now, Google will ask for other important data, such as gender, date of birth, and recovery email address. The recovery email address is an optional step as an extra security measure, but gender and date of birth are necessary to fill.
Fill in the blanks and click on “Next” to proceed to the next to finish the process to create a Gmail account.
Gmail Log In
Once your account is all set up, you need to learn how to sign in to your Gmail account from anywhere.
Steps to Log In to Your Gmail Account
- Enter your username/email address
- Enter your password (how to change password)
- Verify your session (only if you are signing in for the first time on that device)
Enter your email address
Access the same website you used to create your account, click here to be redirected to Gmail.com. But now you will sign in instead of creating another Gmail account.
Enter your username/email address on the blank and click on next to complete the first step.
Enter your password
Now, enter your password in the next blank that will appear, and click on next:
Verify your session
Whenever you try to access your Gmail account on other devices, you will need to verify. But don’t worry, as it only takes a minute, and you are already familiar with Google’s phone verification process.
Google will send you a notification to your phone giving you instructions to verify that it’s you. Most of the time is as easy as tapping on your phone “It is me” on the notification shown on your phone.
If you are on your PC, you can save the password and username on your browser. This way you can access your email instantly without entering any information. However, never save passwords or open your session if you are not using a personal device.
On Android device
- If you have a new Android device but you don’t have a Gmail account (or maybe you just don’t remember the user and password), you have to create a new one so you can use your device in the right way. To do that, you can follow this few step in a few minutes. (Download Gmail for Android)
- First you must fill all the boxes that ask for ”First Name” – ”Last name”. Then, write a username. For this one, you can use letters, numbers and periods; for example: [email protected]
- Then, you have to create a password that must have at least 8 characters, capital letters and numbers. Next you have to confirm rewriting it.
- The next step ask you for ”basic information” such as your phone numer (wich it’ll be use just for security), a recovery email dress (this is optional), birth date and gender.
- The ”Privacy and Terms” step needs you to be agree with it. You have to skroll the screen until de bottom and tap on both options, and then tap on ”Create Account”.
- It will appear a window that ask you to ”Confirm” once again. Tap on it.
That’s it, now you can use your Android device with your Gmail Account.
On iOS device
- If this is the first time using a Gmail account, you must follow this steps to create a new one in a few minutes: (Download Gmail for iOS)
- First, go to the App Store and search the Gmail app and tap on ”install”.
- Go to the Gmail app and tap on it to open it.
- Press ”sign in” botton placed in the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the Google option and press ”Continue”.
- In this step, tap on the ”Create a new account” option.
- Next you’ll need to complete all the ”basic information” steps. This step will ask for you name, last name, birth date and gender.
- Now, write a usermane for your gmail, por example: [email protected]
- Use a password that contain at least 8 characters. May you use capital letter, numers and sings. Once you choose your password, you must rewrite the password to confirm it.
- Google will ask you for your phone numer. Here you can chose to write it or not, so you can press the ”Skip” option.
- In the next step, you have to agree to the Privacy and Terms politicy. To do this, you must go to the botton screen scrolling it and tap on ”I agree”.
- For the final step, google will ask to confirm the mail and password you witre. Then, tap on ”Next”. And that’s it, now you can use your Gmail account on your iOS device.
Add New Contacts to Gmail
Now, we will tell you how you can add contacts to Gmail mail easily and quickly.
- Access your Gmail account.
- Click on Google Apps.
- Select Contacts.
- Then, tap on Create Contact.
- Two options will appear: Create new contact or Create Several Contacts.
- Choose Create Contact. Add the information and then click Save.
Advantages of Adding Contacts to Gmail
As we told you before, Gmail has great benefits that, in addition to being free, are very easy to use.
- Protected Contacts.
- Automatically synchronized.
- Saved on all linked devices.
- Speed up communication with families, friends and work.
- Also saved in the Google cloud.
This means that when you change devices, you will not have to add all your contacts again.