The Microsoft email application has different features. One of them is to configure and add a signature in Hotmail (Outlook).
This messaging platform has many resources that are of great help when it comes to communicating and sending important emails.
There’re many versions of Outlook available: the web version, the app, and the Office Package version. Each of them have different configurations.
The set up you use will depend on the application you send the email with. Regardless of whether you send the mail through the same account. The signature is linked to the version of the platform you use.
Now, we will explain how to configure each version.
Signature settings in Hotmail on PC (Outlook)
The desktop version is included with the Office 360 package. If you don’t have it, you can download it. Now we will tell you the step by step to configure your signature.
- First, log in to your Hotmail account.
- Go to ”Files”.
- In the file menu, click on ”Options”.
- Click on the Mail category.
- Select the ”Signature” option in the ”Create or modify signatures for messages” section.
- Finally, here you will find three different blocks in which you can create, edit, modify and manage your signatures.
At this point, you’ll see options to create new signatures, delete them and edit them. Select the signature you want on different new messages, replies and forwards. You can also select the font, size, color and insert images.
From Outlook Web (Hotmail).
If you have Hotmail or Outlook Web, you can access it here. Sign in to your account, and then follow these steps:
- Go to ”Settings”.
- Click on ”See all Outlook settings” at the bottom of the menu.
- Select ”Mail”.
- Once they open new options, select ”Compose and Reply”.
- There you can create a signature, change the text format and include your signature in new messages, forwards and replies.
From Smartphones (iOS and Android)
The first thing you have to do is install the Outlook application on your device in case you don’t have it. Then follow these steps
- Tap on the ”Settings” icon.
- In the menu, select ”Mail”.
- Now, choose the ”Signature” option.
In the configuration for Hotmail (Outlook) applications, you can only generate a signature without any option to change font, size or color. This signature will be used for all accounts linked to the email account.
That’s the ways you can create your signature on Hotmail.
CA It may interest you: How to change language in Hotmail