Changing the password of your Outlook (Hotmail) account is much easier than you think. It’ll allow you to increase the security of your email account.
To do so, here we’ll show you how to change your password quickly and easily by following these few steps from your PC or Smartphone.
How to change your Hotmail (Outlook) password?
To change the password of your Hotmail (Outlook) account, just follow this few steps:
- First, go to Live.com, write your email, enter your hotmail password and click on ”log in”.
- At the top right, click on your profile icon and then click on the My Microsoft account option.
- Go to ”Security” and tap on ”Change Password”. Here, Microsoft will ask you for ”Verify your identity”. Tap on the email option to get a verification code.
- Type your email account and then tap on ”Send code”.
- Here you need to go to your email and copy the security code and enter the code on the text box and tap on ”Verify”.
- In this next step, write your current password. Then, write your new password and last, re-enter the new passord.
- Tap on the ”Save” button and that’s it.
How to change your password in case you forget it?
In case you forgot your current password, follow this few steps to recover it.
- Go to Live.com and write your Hotmail (Outlook) account and click on the ”next” botton.
- Now, click on ”Forgot My Password or Forgot password?”. Here, Microsoft will ask you to verify your identity. Click on, ”Send a message to ****”. Write the last 4 number of your phone’s number, and send the code.
- You’ll recive a verification code in your phone. Fill the sell, and click on ”Next”.
- In this step, write the new password and re-write it. Tap on ”Next”. And that’s all you need to do.
¿When to update your Hotmail (Outlook) password?
Is important to know when to update your password, and to do so here are some things to keep in mind.
- You forget the password.
- You think that someone’s trying to log in on your account.
- Hotmail (Outlook) has the option to change the password every 72 days. In that case, Outlook will ask you to change the password.
CA This could be of interest to you: Create New Hotmail Account (for Windows and Mobile Device)
Tips for your new password
It’s important to keep in mind this advices when updating your Hotmail (Outlook) password.
- Use a strong password with at least 8 character, capital letter, symbols and signs.
- Update your password more often.
- Set up ”Two – setp verification” and turn it on. Go to ”My Microsoft account” option > ”Security option” > ”Additional Security”.