If you’re worried someone might know your password, or you forgot it or maybe you just want to change your Gmail password, here is a guide to do it.
How to change your Gmail Password on your PC
To change your password, follow these easy and quick few steps
- Open your Chrome browser and click on ”Gmail” at the top right corner.
- Logging your mail as usually and then click on ”Log in”.
- Click on the gear icon and select ”Settings” and click the ”Manage your Google Account” tab. (1)
- Click on ”Google Account Settings” and click on ”Security” at the new window. (2)
- Now, click on ”Password”. Next, you’ll be ask to type in you current password. Write it and click on ”Sign in”. (3)
- Then, you’ll be ask to type the new password with some requirement such as: at least 8 characters, cappital letter and numbers. Type the new password in both boxes. When you’re done, click ”Change Password” and that’s it. Now you can use your new Gmail password. (Finally)
On iOS Device
Making sure your account is secure should be a top priority to keep all your data safe, and if you feel like it’s time to update your password here’s how it’s done on iOS.
- Go to the Gmail app at your iOS device, and tap on the profile icon in the right top corner and tap on ”Settings”.
- Tap on ”personal info” at the tap on your screen and then, select ”Password”.
- Next, you’ll asked to enter your old password just for security. Now, enter the new password in both boxes and tap on ”Change Password”.
That’s all you have to do to change your Gmail password.
On Android Device
If you want to minimize the risk of your Gmail account getting hacked, change your password regularly sound like a good idea. Here’s how you can change your gmail password in a few minutes.
- First, go to the Gmail app and enter your email and password as usuall.
- Next, tap on the menu’s icon in the left corner and tap on ”Settings’‘. Now, tap on ”My account”.
- In this step, select ”Sign in & security’‘ and tap on ”Password”. For security you’ll need to type the current password, then tap on ”Next”.
- Type the new password in both boxes. The second box is to confirm new password. Tap on ”Change password” and that’s all you need to do.
Remember that once you have changed your password, all other applications linked to the account will also have changed their passwords.
CA It may interest you: Recover a Gmail Account